South Florida Virtual Offices: Sounds Great But…
When it comes to leveraging a location, South Florida virtual offices are hard to beat.
Why? The short answer is that areas like Miami and Ft. Lauderdale have become a hot bed of entrepreneurial talent and are increasingly being referred to as the Southeastern Silicon Valley. Last year, over 200 of the Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies were located in South Florida.
That’s good news for start-ups. Because, even working from your basement, if you’re in the South Florida region, you’re off to a good start.
So why go virtual?
If you’re unfamiliar with virtual offices, here is what they provide:
- A legitimate business address in a thriving area.
- A dedicated business phone and fax number.
- “Call forwarding” to your cell phone.
- Professional “live” receptionist services.
- Corporate mailing address and box.
But the devil’s in the details.
Not all South Florida virtual offices offer the same amount and quality of services, however. Here are some of the extras that a good virtual office provider should offer:
- Drop in privileges: What’s the point in having a virtual office in the desirable South Florida location if you can’t drop in from time to time? While some providers may charge a fee, you should be able to access their coworking areas, kitchen and other services, such as fax, copier and administrative support. You should even be able to rent a private office, when needed.
- Meeting room rental: This is a huge benefit for start-ups, especially when you need to meet with potential investors, clients or business partners.
- Access to local business leaders and potential investors. A good office provider is also good at connecting people. They understand that a big part of what they offer is connectivity into the broader business community.
- Business mixers and events: This is where business connections can really take shape. Check out each prospective office provider’s calendar of events. There should be at least one monthly mixer.
South Florida virtual offices are real offices. Check them out!
Yes, a virtual office address in a happening city like Ft. Lauderdale or Miami may look good on paper. But what does that address look like in person? Before you lock yourself into one, check it out. Plan a visit. Does the building do the location justice? Walk in, look around and take notes. Ask each provider how their virtual (and physical) office spaces will help propel your business forward. They should have answers. If they don’t, move on.
Ready to start your quest? Quest Workspaces has South Florida virtual offices in Boca Raton, Coral Gables, Doral, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and Plantation.